The day all nonhuman caretakers dread came for this couple when their sweet kitty died after a long cancer battle. After grieving, the couple decided to open their hearts back up and open their home to a cat that was in need. That’s when they found Trixie. After 20 hours of searching, they found Trixie, who had arrived at the shelter five whole years ago when she was a 6-month-old pregnant stray. Trixie was now the longest resident at the shelter.
The shelter told them that Trixie had ever only had one application, and they were beginning to lose hope for her finding her forever home. The couple fell in love with her and decided to bring her home. Although she hid in a box for the first 10 hours at her new house, she slowly started to come out of her shell. After a month, her personality was showing through!
5 years in the shelter is far too long! Welcome home, peanut 💕 #catsoftiktok #adopted #animales #cattok #adoption #animalsdoingthings #cat #rescueanimals #animalsoftiktok #catlove #adoptdontshop #animalfriends #kitty #catlover #animallover #adopt #cats #rescuecat #animalrescue #animal #kittycat #saved #petthings #petlife #petsoftiktok #pets #petlover #pet #foryou #foryoupage #foryourpage #meow
Watch these adorable clips of Trixie’s first month in her forever home! It’s safe to say that she’s loving it.
After spending the past 5 years in the shelter, she’s warming up to her forever home quite well 💕 #cat #foryou #foryoupage #catsoftiktok #cats #catlover #catlove #cattok #animalrescue #animallover #animalsoftiktok #animals #adoptdontshop #adopt #rescuecat #furyoupage #sheltercat #animal
Another six-month update shows playful Trixie being an adventurous kitty. After being the shelter’s longest resident because she was so shy, she was finally given the chance to show her adorable and playful side.
love you my lil snuggle bug 💗 #catsoftiktok #fyp #edit #adopted #EndlessJourney #adoptdontshop #cattok #adoption #animalsdoingthings #cat #rescueanimals #animalsoftiktok #catlove #animalfriends #animales #kitty
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
5 Common Summer Health Problems In Dogs
What to do before, during, and after
Flea and tick medicine tips for warmer weather